With Amitab Bachchan

With Amitab Bachchan
I've often noticed that we are not able to look at what we have beside us, unless it's inside a frame.

Thursday, January 24, 2019

The inaugration of the National Museum of Indian Cinema


Old Film Museum Building
 19th January 2019 will go down in the annals of history as a red letter day when the National Museum of Indian Cinema opened its doors after a decade for the common man when the PM of India inaugurated it.  
                                                              
In an animated Conversation with the PM of India
                   
 
In an animated conversation with the PM Mr Narendra Modi.
                                                                                                                                        
  Presented on the occasion were the Ch Vidya Sagar Rao, Hon'ble Governor of Maharashtra, Chief Minister of Maharashtra Mr Devendra Fadnavis. I & B Minister Mr Rathod , Education Minister Mr Vinod Tawde, Amir Khan, Asha Bhosle , Kapil sharma ,AR Rehman and other celebrities.


Hon'ble Governor of Maharashtra C Vidyasagar Rao
Minister of I & B Rajayavardhan Rathod
 
 I too was a part of the making of the museum when DGs of Film Division, changed hands like the participants in the relay race. When I got the baton the most crucial decision was the speed with which the artifacts and interior design of the new building was to be decided.
 

with Amir Khan

Vinod Tawde Minister of Education Govt Of Maharashtra
 
I too was a part of the making of the museum when DGs of Film Division, changed hands like the participants in the relay race. When I got the baton the most crucial decision was the speed with which the artifacts and interior design of the new building was to be decided.
 
New premises of National Museum of Indian Cinema
 This was the year 2016 when I was holding the additional Charge of Director General  Films Division (apart from being the additional DG of Doordarshan representing West zone, South zone DDK Mumbai and Head of the Commercial division of Prasar Bharti .

Inside the New Film Museum


And that’s where I was lucky to have Shri Sunil Arora as the I & b Secretary (he is now Chief election Commissioner of India) who gave momentum to my speed during my tenure of 18th months as DG Films division and the project got the required kick . Rest is History. 

Sunil Arora Chief Election Commissioner & Former I& B Secretary
 I am happy that PM was apprised of this fact when he met me at the Inaugural Ceremony.
All said a done the Museum is worth a visit specially the media students. The Film museum is opened from Tuesday to Sunday from 11am to 5pm.

In an animated Conversation with the PM of India







1 comment: