With Amitab Bachchan

With Amitab Bachchan
I've often noticed that we are not able to look at what we have beside us, unless it's inside a frame.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Sahara Shree I Know....





My acquaintance with Sahara Shree or Subrata Roy dates back to the year 1989 when I won the National Award for the Children's Film "Anokha Aspatal". When Bhaisahab (that is the way I address him) heard about my achievement he immediately organised a felicitation to honor me, since I was from his home town Lucknow. Apart from the fact that we developed an instant rapport, Bhaisahab always respected & supported upcoming talent.

The next time I saw his love, affection and concern for me when I had an attack of acute diarrhea at Lucknow, where I was heading the Doordarshan Kendra. The year was 1995. I remember he was so worried that he rushed to my house at Nirala Nagar with his entire team and took me to KGMC Medical college where I was admitted. He left the hospital only when he had the assurance from the doctors that my condition was absolutely under control.


Though we have been interacting as an when we meet; however todays meeting with him was purely impulsive.Last week of Oct 2010, I saw his photograph on page 3 of the TOI with Mrs Jaya Bachchan. I knew he was in Mumbai hence I called him and I was there at Sahara Star having mishti doi & sandesh with him. Though we discussed a lot of things, about our families, children etc, but one thing he said and I quote "The amount of work the almighty is taking out from me will need 4 to 5 times of rebirth to finish it. Even 18 hours a day is not enough."


I am 100% confident that he will continue to work with the same zeal & enthusiasm for many more years till he reaches a century mark and carry on the Sahara Bat for more runs. As I don't see any difference between him and Sachin Tendulkar vis-a-vis their appetite for more milestones in their respective fields.
Finally the parting gift was more of a mutual admiration society. I said"you don't look at all your age, you look more vibrant & more energetic. " And he said "you are looking more handsome"
Thanks Bhaisahab for being what you are the same old level headed humble, down to earth, gentleman.





5 comments:

  1. COMMENTS FROM ALOK BAJPAI...VIA EMAIL


    Indeed yr experience with Sahara Shree is quite heartwarming......it not only gives an insight about your relations with him but also speaks volume about his unique personality ... which made him Shree !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An utterly compelling and a gripping anecdote!Yes Saharashree is a vibrant and a buoyant personality with down to earth attitude....Sunil J Kalia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete