With Amitab Bachchan

With Amitab Bachchan
I've often noticed that we are not able to look at what we have beside us, unless it's inside a frame.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Remembering R. Venkataraman - 8th President of India on his 100th Birth Anniversary

R. Venkataraman  4th December 1910 – 27th January 2009
   Its an honor to complete a Century in any field. Its an achievement to do so in the field of lifespan. If R Venkataraman were alive on 4th Dec 2010, he would have been 100 years old. I am remembering the former President , because I had a chance to shake hands with him for two consecutive years.

Mukesh  Sharma awarded the special Mention Certificate from R Venkataraman
In  1989  I was awarded the Special Mention Certificate for Directing the Children's feature film (35mm), Anokha Aspatal (Unique Hospital), from the President of the Republic of India, during the 6th International Children's Film Festival.
R Venkataraman felicitates Bijoy Madhou( Mautitus) & Mukesh Sharma( India) for the National award
In 1990 I was the winner of the National Award for the best Children's Film, 1990, from the President of India R Venkataraman, as the Producer-in-Charge of the Indo-Mauritius co-production entitled Ankur Maina aur Kabootar produced by Children's Film Society, India.
  On both the occasion I found immense warmth in the hands of the former President. May his soul rest in peace.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mukesh,
    RECEIVED VIA EMAIL FROM AMEEN SAYANI THE GOLDEN VOICE OF INDIA

    I had the great pleasure of meeting Shri R. Venkatraman when he was Vice-President. I received, at his hands, the Indian Society of Advertisers' GOLD MEDAL for my contribution towards the development of Commercial Radio.

    Regards. Ameen.

    ReplyDelete