With Amitab Bachchan

With Amitab Bachchan
I've often noticed that we are not able to look at what we have beside us, unless it's inside a frame.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Remembering Vilasrao Deshmukh...1945-2012


Mukesh Sharma with  Hon'bleVilasrao Deshmukh
My acquaintanceship with hon'ble Vilasrao Deshmukhji was born out of the challenge that was thrown at me by the late Chief Minister of Maharashtra by default. It so happened that when I was Posted as the Director and Head of DDK Mumbai, I was informed by a press friend of mine (a comment purported to have been said by the late CM) Its good to have a young Director at the helms of the DD affairs in Maharashtra but it would have been better if he was a son of the soil.
At DDK Mumbai... Hon'ble Vilasraoji
 In less than 6 months, I was able to turn around the fortunes of DDK Mumbai and the first VIP to come to DDK was Hon'ble CM Vilasraoji. He came for a LIVE phone in program Saad Pratisaad . Initially his staff and aide were reluctant to allow the CM to face the people with Q&S session on phone LIVE. But when I spoke to the CM and assured his staff that nothing will go wrong and that he must trust his own people and have faith in me as a Broadcaster, that the late CM agreed to come for the show.  Needless to mention the show was flawless . Next day on my table I found a letter from CM's office and flowers complimenting me for the program.

A n affectionate Chief Minister
After that, the Ho'ble CM attended most of DD Sahydri's function and visited the DDK on  numerous  occasions. A bond grew with Vilasraoji and I was a regular visitor at Varsha (the official residence of CM of Maharashtra).


I am still coming to terms with the fact that Vilasraoji is not with us anymore. I would deeply miss you SIR. May the Lord almighty give strength to the berived family, may his soul rest in peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment